I was thinking the kind of fleece blankets are made out of but I guess they’re really the same thing. It’s soft and cozy and it’ll definitely help keep you warm and I think it’s a great option for winter bloomers if you’re in particularly cold weather. It’s not really something I would recommend for just sort of “Eh, it’s kinda cold out” weather though because it’ll be too warm. I would save it for “Holy crap I’m freezing my ass off why did I even leave the house today?” weather.
Hi, it’s me again… Sorry to ask so many questions, last time, I hope! >/////<; I really appreciate the help lots!
So here’s how my first coord is looking right now, thanks to your advice, all Bodyline stuff below:
- JSK: L481 (in purple)
- Shoes: SHOES268 (in off white)
- Socks: SOCKS524 (With the other ones you recommended (SOCKS354 in off white) as another option —I’m getting both)
- Blouse: L301 (in off white)
- Bag: BAG172 (in purple)
Here are my last questions and I hope I won’t bother you anymore for a while. ^^;
• Do you think any of these would work as an option for parasols?
• I know I need a bell-shaped petty, but I’m really lost as to which one is a good choice (I’m going with Classical Puppets.) I’m worried about getting the wrong length or color. ;__; Could you point out one that you think would work? I probably don’t want excessive poof if it’s not completely necessary, I feel pretty shy about wearing Lolita for the first time… But I also don’t want it to look wrong, so if it needs a lot of poof for this dress, I’ll wear it.
• As far as a headband or bow, I’m a bit lost too, I don’t like what I saw on the Bodyline site (the bows look so over the top and big, I wanted something smaller.) So I’m looking at this as a potential options from Classical Puppets. It’s actually pretty big too, I like the color, though. What do you think of it?
• Finally, I was under the impression that bloomers weren’t a must, but after checking your tags I see that they are. How big must they be? I wouldn’t want them to be any bigger than absolutely necessary to hide my underwear. Would this work (in white)? Or is something like this better suited?
Phew, I think that’s everything! Sorry it’s so much. Thank you so much for all the help you’ve given me so far, I hope if someday I become as well versed as you I could help you as kindly as you are helping me. The Lolita community is very lucky to have someone like you! <3
Response from Lolita Tips:
Okie dokie that’s a lot to take in. Let’s start at the beginning!
- I think either parasol would work but you will probably get more future use out of the first one because it doesn’t have a print. I like the purple better for that coord but if you’re looking for versatility think first about how much purple you plan to have in your wardrobe in the future.
- Your petticoat should definitely be bell-shaped and you want it to be 2-3 inches shorter than your dress. I imagine that you’ll be fine with the average length that CP’s petticoats are made in. For color I would recommend white because there’s no way it’s going to show through and it’s the most versatile color so in the event that it may happen to be seen it’s not going to really clash with anything. I would personally recommend CP’s super fluffy bell-shaped petti. I think it would be best suited for that dress to get the nicest shape to show the print but don’t worry, it’s not as huge as it sounds. I’ve always thought it was just the perfect amount of volume for most dresses.
- I really like that headbow and I think it would be a great option for you.
- Either of those bloomers would be fine. There’s no reason they should have to be as long as the second ones unless you really wanted them to be. They just have to be long enough to serve their purpose.